What is marriage Registration?
When a marriage takes place in a society, it needs to get registered as it is a proof of marriage. In India in Delhi and in many metropolitan cities it is mandatory to register your marriage. You can register it under Hidu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the special marriage Act, 1954.
Marriage Registration in Delhi
For registration of marriage in Delhi-
- Login to the Delhi government registration portal
- Then click on “Make an appointment with the District Magistrate”.
- Then choose your district
- Fill in the details of bride and groom
- Then select the appointment date
- Fill in the marriage registration form
- Click on the submit button
- Then acknowledgement sheet will be generated along with the appointment details.
Procedure for Marriage Certificate
- First step is to connect with your lawyers
- After receiving the documents, the lawyers will verify the documents for checking the validity of the marriage.
- After verifying all the documents, the lawyer will initiate the application for registration of marriage and the same will be registered in your presence on the fixed date.
Documents required for Marriage Registration
- Address Proof
- Proof of date of birth
- Passport size photographs
- Separate marriage affidavit in the prescribed format
- Marriage invitation card
- All documents must be self attested
- Aadhar card