Trademark distinguishes one’s goods/marks from those of others and it represents your business globally and will help you to identify the source of a particular goods or services which is provided to the customer by the owner of the business entity and thus it needs a special concern and safety from illegal parties. It is very hard to maintain goodwill of the product or the business, and if the business owners do not protect their Trademarks, then it means that they are putting their goodwill or reputation into danger, where lower quality of goods or services is being distributed under the same or similar name, which may cause confusion in the minds of the consumers as a result, it will affect the reputation of the business. Therefore to run your business activity smoothly, it is always advisable to register their trademark for better protection of their brand name from being misused. Thus, before application of a trademark one needs to search for a unique and distinct trademark then file an application for the same.
So it is very important for trademark owners to file their trademark application properly. The Trademark attorney helps you in opting an appropriate trademark for ensuring compliance with the legal procedure and formalities. Attorneys are well experienced and professionals, as a result chances of refusal is less by the Trademark registry.
Trademark Attorney can assist you in following ways-
- The trademark attorney will guide and assist in selecting a trademark for business. He will ensure that the selected trademark gets easily approved by the Trademark registry. They will conduct proper name search before application for the Trademark registration.
- Proper name search is done by the Trademark attorneys so that chances of rejection reduces.
- They would analyse the trademark thoroughly that is selected, thereby would minimize the chance of rejection of the trademark application by the concerned authorities. They also ensure that the selected trademark does not get infringed by any other person.
- Hey would file trademark applications, and will provide valuable tips and suggestions in regard to the intellectual property.
Need of legal advice in filing a new Trademark application
Although it is not mandatory to register your trademark without any help of attorney, especially when the mark is made up of words, or a logo. But sometimes, marks and logos are applied without any advice of attorney, and that application may run for rejection of application because all these steps and procedures require deep concentration while submitting exact information to the concerned authority. Thus, it is always beneficial to hire services from a Trademark Attorney.
There are two key points where most mistakes occur when application is filed without help of a Trademark Attorney and they are as follows-
- Selection of trademark and search strategy must be appropriate: when you finalize your mark and move forward for its application, the right search strategy and advice at this point can help you and reduce the chance of rejection of the Trademark application.
- A well Drafted Trademark Registration application: The registration application is a deceptively simple document. A carefully drafted description of goods and services can forestall rejections based on existing registration, rejections based on deceptiveness, and opposition to the registration by other companies. Whereas if the registration application is not drafted properly and having an ill conceived description may lead to rejections and oppositions that could have been avoided, but once started cannot be overcome.
So it would be worth hiring a Trademark Attorney, who would look up for your trademark, from the filing of Trademark applications and till registration of your Trademark.